Sunday 8 April 2012

R.I.P Dad xxxxxxxx




This is the hardest thing I've ever had to write but it has been over a week now so I feel okay to do it.
Three weeks ago my amazing Dad was taken into hospital with a burst ulcer in his bowel on Sunday 25th March he had an operation to remove part of his bowel and ofc the ulcer, was in ICU until weds afternoon then was moved back up to the normal ward where nurses and consultant said he was doing amazing and would be home by Easter.

Friday 31st March I went to see him 2-4 for visiting hours and was having a joke with him about our football teams Fulham and Newcastle and said I would be back tomorrow to see him, at 6pm Friday I got a phone call from Kate the nurse to say he had been bleeding again and get to the hospital, I got there at 7pm and was led to the relatives room where I was told my amazing Dad passed away he was 60 and there in that split second my whole world had changed forever the most amazing incredible man who was my rock had gone and even now to think I won't hear his laugh ever again breaks my heart into a million pieces.

I know everyone says their parents are the best,to me my Dad was 1 in a 10000 million I have always been a complete and utter Daddy's girl, worshipped the ground he walked on,couldn't go a day without speaking to him 3 or 4 times, he was the nicest,kindest,funniest,loveliest man i have ever know he would give any1 the shirt of his own back if it meant he could help them.

He done so much for me in my life, I was a pain as a teenager but he was always there never judging or having a go, just said go on get it out ya system then bloody grow up ya div :D and thank god I did, I could talk to my Dad about anything and he was always there to listen and to help. He had the most amazing sense of humour it was incredible and everyone who i have spoken to recently since his passing have all said he was the funniest,quick witted kind heart person they ever knew which makes my heart burst with pride.

He always worried about me being a worrier as I tend to worry a LOT!! Kate the nurse said he would always say in hospital Make sure Hay doesn't worry,you know what she's like she'll panic'. So i now know to STOP worrying about things, Dad would not want that he would go mental at me if he could see me now with tears streaming down my cheeks whilst I write this, so for you Dad I promise I will stop worrying so much and I will be strong and carry on for you, and I know his spirit will always be with me and will always know how i'm doing.

A prime example of Dad sense of humour, one year my aunt and uncle were  digging in their garden to make a pond, Dad wrote a letter from the council saying they didn't have planning permission and had to fill it in, we went round there to find them both in this huge big hole filling it in, omg how we howled with laughter when dad told them it was him doing it as a joke

So Dad thank you for not only being my Dad but my best friend, I will miss you every single day for the rest of my life, there will not be a day what goes by where I won't think of you and smile.Everything you done for me you made me the person I am today.I
I love you with all my heart forever and ever and ever xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

19 comments:

  1. Aww, such a lovely post and really brave of you to write it. I hope you take comfort in knowing you always loved your dad as much as you possibly could, i'm so sorry for your loss!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely post Hayley, really sorry to hear about your Dad and your loss. Try to keep strong, sending lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry. You are very strong for sharing this, your dad must have been very proud for having such caring daughter. I hope your Easter holidays are a nice time for your family despite your loss.

    A lovely hug for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brave post so sad to hear that, I hope the wonderful memories of your dad keep you strong. A lovely picture of you too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to you and your family. I will be sure to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss- my prayers go out to your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss Hayley. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you :) means a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) means a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried commenting on this the other day but my ipod had a spaz moment and wouldnt allow me to see if it had actually posted. just checked and nope, so here i go again..! :)
    This post is so touching, and as i said when it happened and im gona say it again, there are not enough words to say to you that could bring you more comfort, but i think your dad was an amazing man who managed to raise an amazing daughter, and even though he may not be here no more i believe he went out knowing what a truly amazing girl you were! im glad that through all this, your daddy still taught you a lesson, Dont worry too much, and im glad your taking it on board and gona live by it! i am so sorry for your loss again hayley, but i know you are a strong chick that will come through this and make your daddy even prouder of you! :)
    sending you all my lovee.. !! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god Ana ya comment made me cry, such lovely lovely thing to say and thank you from the bottom of my heart means the world to me honey thank you SO much!! And yep not gonna worry about silly things anymore and not gonna mope around as Dad would not want that and would go mentle lol.xx xx Thank you so much again <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet post, sorry for your loss. Your Dad sounds like a great man and I'm sure you'll make him proud. :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you SO much Jess means a lot xxxx

    ReplyDelete