Tuesday 5 October 2010

Fur? I'd rather go naked!!!!!!


So for a while now i have been thinking about a different kind of blog to do as I've done ones about NOTD,OOTD,Fashion,make up, celebs etc so I thought I would do a blog about something close to my heart and something i am very passionate... PETA the anti animal cruelty charity, I'm a huge animal lover any kind of animal and the thought of them being mistreated and abused makes me sick to my stomach I hate the fact that people wear fur knowing that these animals are skinned and killed just so in their eyes they 'look good' well i have news for you YOU DON'T look good it looks cheap and nasty! I mean what is wrong with faux fur if that is the look you wanna go for and that way NO animals are hurt in the process to me it just common sense why would you want another living creature to go through torture like that just so you can get pleasure out of wearing something? It's vile and makes my blood boil!!


I love that high profile celebrities are now all getting behind PETA campaign and getting more and more people aware of it and what really goes on so hopefully they will think twice next time they see a fur jacket or a fur gilet. 

I love this picture of Audrina what she done for Peta and also emphasises that when looking to get a new pet we should also adopt them from shelters and give those dogs a second chance where people can be sorry for the harshness but a tad bit ignorant and NOT adopt or even go the shelter to see them as they think they will be badly trained or bad behaviour so they buy them which means six million innocent animals die a year in shelters without being given a second chance which breaks my heart. Me and my boyfriend are in the process of adopting a dog from our local shelter and it is an amazing shelter and yeah sure some of the dogs may not be the best behaved but hey at end of day without training no dogs are but they all have amazing traits and such loving personalities who deserve a good loving home! So next time please think wouldn't you like a second chance? If the answer is yes then the answer is adopt go toy your local shelter!! you will be surprised. Here are some of my fave billboard ads....




Gallery_main-audrinapatridge-peta-ad-042209 

Kara dioGuardi




Celebrities in PETA advertising campaign Seen On Coolpicturegallery.blogspot.com peta (7) 

Celebrities in PETA advertising campaign Seen On Coolpicturegallery.blogspot.com peta (13) 

Celebrities in PETA advertising campaign Seen On Coolpicturegallery.blogspot.com peta (15)  

Celebrities in PETA advertising campaign Seen On Coolpicturegallery.blogspot.com peta (20) 


 

1 comment:

  1. This is also something I am very passionate about...glad you're spreading the word and hope it gets more people to adopt and go faux

    xo Tiffanie

    ReplyDelete