Wednesday 9 March 2011

Wishful Wednesday....

For this post I am going to do a 'Come Dine with me' kind of post with my dream guests past and present,music,menu etc etc.



Drinks

Bellini's to start with as my guests arrived
A selection of wines for the main meal, can't go wrong with a nice glass of wine
Irish Coffees a personal favourtie of mine after a meal


 Appetizers

Scallops with Chorizo- Love scallops and the chorizo gives it an extra kick
French Onion Soup-Can never go wrong with a good home made soup
Parma Ham and Melon - Always good to have something light as an option

Main Course



Roast Beef with all the trimmings- Has to be my all time favourite meal can't go wrong with a good roast
Gingered Sea Bass- love this fish and the ginger gives it such an amazing after taste
Chicken Tikka Massala- For the lover of something spicy

Desserts


Strawberry Cheesecake- Nice light pudding
Apple Crumble and Custard- Good old comfert food pudding
Fruit Salad- Because after a heavy meal sometimes nice for something fruity and light


So that would be my menu and now my dream guests would be


Sir David  Attenborough - I love this man a true legend and could listin to his stories all day long, be an amazing dinner guest.

James Dean - Aww I havnt met anyone who doesnt have a soft spot for the late James Dean such a gorgeus young man and I have seen all of his films a brillant actor, taken far too young

Marilyn Monroe - Such an icon she would make an amazing dinner guest so many stories to tell. In my eyes she was and still is the most beautiful woman in the world

And then for the music I would have three different people play at different times heres who they are and why


Frank Sinatra- For when the guests are arriving I love all of Franks songs and think would be a nice relaxed start to the evening.

Marvin Gaye- Soul and Motown is my favouite genre of music and i adore this man still shocks me that his own father killed him, I would have Marvin sing as we are eating as a bit of motown being sung can never go wrong with that

Bryan Adams - Awww now i would have Bryan sing later on in the evening after a few glasses of wine were sank I would get him to perform Summer of 69 ( one of my all time faves) so could all have a bloody good dance.

And there you have it, that would be my dream 'Come Dine With Me' Experience.

What would yours be?
xoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. Aw this is such a fun idea, loved reading it :) Your menu is all my favourite foods haha and nothing better than a bit of Sinatra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha cute post! Scallops and seabass - nom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I have to agree with you on your drinks choices, yum!
    Sarah
    sparkle-and-grey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe i love to see come dine with me to learn some new recepies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! Can I come please, I promise I'd clean my plate! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha of course you can! More the merrier! xoxo

    ReplyDelete